Monday, November 22, 2010

:: Wedding Inspiration - Kitchen Tea Invitations ::

Well, my Kitchen Tea was a success! We ate far too much delicious food, played some fun and slightly ridiculous games, and had an overall good time.

A few months ago I was perusing wedding blogs when I came across a Parisian themed Kitchen Tea. I sent the link to my sisters/bridesmaids and said, "Wouldn't this be fun?" And within about 5 minutes from sending out the link we had decided that I should have a Parisian themed Kitchen Tea! Ideas came thick and fast - generally in the form of pictures sneakily Googled while we were meant to be working - have I mentioned that at the time I worked on the same floor as my sister and sister-in-law? I also work in the same team as my brother. We work for a large company, so it's kind of funny we all ended up working there!

I digress ...

Anyway! We decided on a black, white and pale pink theme complete with chandelier-themed invitations. I decided to have my Kitchen Tea at my Dad's art gallery (tres chic!) and purchased the most adorable pale pink dress with black velvet polka dots and a black ribbon belt.

It was fun to do something slightly different for my Kitchen Tea. I am normally surrounded by green (by my own choosing, of course) so it was fun to buy pink items for a change. I am about to start the Thank You cards because you can bet that if I leave it too long I'll find every reason under the sun to procrastinate!

Stay tuned for more photos to come!

7 comments:

  1. I looove the chandelier on that, it is so pretty. no procrastination, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those invitations are gorgeous, what a wonderful idea. I cant wait to see more photos. How perfect that your dad owns an art gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those invites...perfection...xx

    PS- Come check out my latest post. I am following 15% off discount to my vintage store by becoming a follower of EL Vintage blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how gorgeous! I love chandelier prints. It's perfect for the card.

    Rachael

    p.s. I am hosting a jewelry giveaway you just might love! Be sure to enter when you get the chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are utterly beautiful! I love that you chose a Parisian theme. I'm sure it was a wonderful day and kitchen tea.

    I'm really looking forward to seeing the pictures. I'm sure they will be amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your suggestions on boys toys :) Micro machines would be pretty perfect. And I know those cute little skateboard things!

    Ugh! I hate shopping for guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the invitations. These are so pretty

    ReplyDelete