Monday, March 21, 2011

:: Mind Your Crumbs ::

About four years I found out I couldn't eat gluten/wheat. I admit, I panicked. I didn't know what to eat and I didn't know anyone else who couldn't eat gluten. I slowly learnt for myself what I can and can't eat, what tastes good ... and what doesn't.

In this light, I've decided to start a gluten free blog. It will be a blog full of recipes, and product and restaurant reviews. I hope that it will help other coeliacs so that they don't panic like I did! I also recommend the recipes to all you lucky people who can eat gluten, they're delicious and you can simply swap the gluten free ingredient with a gluten alternative if you wish!
Mr LG came up with the name 'Mind Your Crumbs' because I am constantly telling people to be careful of their crumbs! I'm pretty sensitive, so residue crumbs in my butter from someone else's piece of toast can make me really ill. Mind your crumbs has now become my mantra!

I have posted my recipe for gluten free vanilla cupcakes that you may remember from Gracie's birthday last month. They're super light and so delicious!




PS. Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my ballet photos!

16 comments:

  1. Those cupcakes look yummmmmmmm!
    The postie brought me a puple envelope this morning! is'nt that funny after we were only 'talking' about it last night! haha!!
    I loved it! Will get back to you shortly :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! It is so inspiring to learn of you launching a resource guide for others who may not be able to eat gluten. You are one go-getter lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the name of the blog, it's perfect. And it will be such a great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting that cupcake recipe! At my reception I'm having a cupcake bar, and my bridesmaids and I are baking the cupcakes ourselves! I was thinking yesterday how I want to have options for diabetics and gluten-free diets, so this will be great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant idea! Even though I'm not gluten-free, those cupcakes sound delicious so I must definitely give them a try (even though I'm hopeless in the kitchen haha)!
    I think it's so great how you've become proactive about your gluten allergy! :-)

    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great idea. I have a few friends who are glutten free so this will be a great resource :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it!!! And you red my mind because I am about to send you a long email regarding gluten :)

    Going to check out and follow your new blog lovely girl :)

    Have a great day :)

    xoxo Love, Kary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am going to head over for a look! Luckily I've just eaten so my belly won't grumble. :) I'm sure the polaroid camera in blue is very nice indeed, would love to see what you capture with it! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was fun to read:) you're great at writing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great idea, I will go and have a look, sounds wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did you find out you couldn't eat it? Yum that cupcake looks deelish!!!

    My hubby is 6'4" and I'm 5'4". I used to notice it a lot but over the years (6 years) I've gotten used to it. :)

    Come check out my rope bracelet GIVEAWAY and enter when you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I work with a lot of gluten AND casein free diet kids, and know how difficult it can be to find the appropriate foods. I look forward to Mind your Crumbs. Love the name, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that you are doing this! I will have to check out the recipes for my sis in law. She's not coeliac but she is sensitive to gluten and is trying not to eat it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mamma Mia... delicious!!!

    xx

    www.sickbytrend.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. yay!! so happy to see this recipe. being gluten-free is scary at first, but once you master it it's no big deal at all. hooray for these cupcakes!!

    xo,
    carrie

    ReplyDelete