Friday, February 10, 2012

:: Resolutions ::

Every year I make the same resolution - lose weight. And every year, bar one, I fail miserably (one year I lose 16kg, woot!). I have been seeing a PT for the past few weeks and we have figured out the issue with the previous goals I was setting myself. I don't work well with large general goals. If someone said to me, "Let's work towards losing 10kg in three months", my response would probably be something like this ...


I need smaller goals that I can work towards. For example, my goal for this week is to lose one kilo. And I can do that because in my head it's much easier to think, "Okay, you only have to do this until next Thursday". Then, once I reach that goal it feels great to know I accomplished something, so I set myself another small goal for the next week.

Am I the only one like this, or is that how you work too?

I plan to break my life down into smaller goals like this, because I think I will accomplish far more!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a solid way of making progress. Good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jasmine! I'm sure you can do it, I know I always find smaller goals more achievable. Btw as promised I have a new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think this is a great idea, lots of little achievments add up to one big one! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. good luck! i'm sure you will succeed with it, and even if you don't hit the target number, working towards it is still really positive

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could like blog posts like on Facebook - smaller is definitely the way to go :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. small goals are always good! it doesn't seem too hard, but many small goals take you far :)

    Have a great weekend! //Niina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, so I'm not the best one to offer advice on weight loss. But goal setting is something I've had to do a lot in my professional life. What I've found is that I do better when I determine the result I'm after (example: Lose 2 pounds (almost 1KG). Then I determine what action will cause this result. For instance: # of ounces of water /day, # of times to the gym, # of calories/day. Then my goals become: Drink 8 oz of water every day for a week. And / or go to the gym 3X this week. etc. It's the actions that get the result. I find that when I focus on the result I'm often disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am also trying to loose some weight right now as well :) I normally set myself a really high goal and then break it down into smaller steps that I can check off my list :) I also give my self little awards from time to time :)

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://www.fashionthrill.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is the way with all goals. They need to be smaller more achievable steps. SO this is a great resolution for all aspects of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breaking it down into smaller goals is a great idea! I think that works better for me too, but I'm not very good at sticking to goals, period :S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your doing it and I'm so proud of you Sunshine! Yes small goals and one at a time are the way to go! It's always so easy to gain weight but losing it is not, but you can do it if you set your mind to it ad you my darling friend are doing it!! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete