Friday, October 1, 2010

:: Wedding Inspiration – Invitations ::

As you have all probably realised by now, I am a huge stationery nerd. I am so excited to be at the invitation planning stage of our wedding. I want to make the most perfect invitations, so that when our guests receive them they think, “Oh, that is so them.” A lot of people have said they are looking forward to our invitations because they know how much I love stationery … way to add serious pressure, guys!

I have been scouring the Internet for ideas and inspiration. There are so many lovely invitations out there, it’s hard to figure out what to do! I have also been scouring lovely paper stores and have bought home some delicious papers to make mock invitations with.

The green material is the base colour for my bridesmaids. Their dresses will have an overlay of a much lighter green to tie in with the floaty feel of the wedding.



Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? All you married ladies out there, what did your invitations look like?
In other news, my younger sister has had her baby! She had a little boy called Hugo and he is the most darling thing I have ever seen. He has a full head of dark brown hair, dark brown eyes and olive skin. He was 7 pounds 12, and 50cm long. He is seriously adorable. My sister's not into photos being put on the Internet, otherwise I'd spam my blog with photos of him!


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.

21 comments:

  1. I love the green of your bridesmaids dresses! Being a stationery nerd too I can relate. Just keep it simple and classy with those subtle reminders that its "your" wedding. Congrats on being an aunty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whee for being an aunt!!

    You have chosen some delicious paper. I think people were expecting our invites to be really good as well. For the same reason. I did like our invites but we were rushing so I would have preferred to make them a little better. I can email you photos of mine if you want to. We designed them ourselves and I do think it was 'us' but I wish we had thicker cardstock.

    You will have beautiful invites I'm sure. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, happy being an aunt!! and green is my favorite color, i'm excited to see what you choose.
    and PS...I got my giveaway winnings in the mail a few days ago and i'm in loooove! I LOVE the lipgloss and the little makeup set - I'm having fun using it - there's something about a new little makeup thing that you have to leave out on your vanity to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. first of all, congrats on the new addition to the family and for being an aunt now! :)

    i think it's so cool that you are making your own invites! in singapore, we often hold weddings in hotels/restaurants and the invitation cards usually follow the standard boring template. once u have seen once, u have seen it all. personally, im quite a girly girl when it comes to stuff like that so i like pink/white tones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I looooove it!!!

    Hugs & love
    minnja

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love these colors
    ps love your blog name
    xx
    http://thehausofblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to your sister! How exciting! I love your wedding colours too. Can't wait to see photos from that!
    By the way the broken window in my 365 was at the bus stop not my house thankfully. I just thought it was pretty in a way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats and Best Wishes, what wonderful events!!!

    I'm not married, nor am I engaged, but I will admit I've thought about things like invitations.

    Perhaps the cutest thing I've seen are sets of photo booth photos of the couple as the card. Though I believe those are typically used as save the dates.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! I loved planning my wedding although I'm glad its done with now! I'm going to do a post this week with my wedding invitations. They were very 'us' and lets just say a little different!

    Congratulations on becoming an auntie, I would so much love to be an auntie!

    Cute blog, I'm now a follower,

    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. our invitations were classic English ones 21 years ago! these all look lovely. I now feel so guilty that I haven't got anything in the post to you yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. have u checked out Green Wedding Shoes blog? - amazing ideas there!!!

    *kiss kiss*
    Erika @ ~TiptoeButterfly~

    LAST DAY TO ENTER GIVE-AWAY: ~TiptoeButterfly Give-Away~
    PLEASE COME OVER AND JOIN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the comment :) I was just doing wedding invitations too! But I got too lazy and bought really cheap one's from a newsagents.. which probably says a lot about me and my fiance :p Good luck making yours, I'm sure they'll be beautiful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely blog you have, and congratulations on becoming an Aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just popping back to say that I gave you a blog award sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. When I was engaged I visited all the paper stores in the area and just went with plain paper and fancy lined envelopes. They were beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah for new babies!

    My invites where rather plain and classic. never go out of style type thing. Boring I know.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness! I can't wait to see what you come up with! All those papers look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats for your new little nephew!!
    I'm a first time visitor and new follower -- I'd love it if you stopped by and followed too if you like :)
    p.s. I'm an illustrator and have done wedding invites in the past... just saying... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting!
    I used Wiley Valentine for my wedding invitations and they really set the theme for the rest of the wedding. They were super dramatic in deep wine, white and black.
    Good luck and have a great weekend!


    xx
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to your sister! It must be such a wonderful and exciting time for all of you! :-) As well as stationery goes, I'm a massive fan too and always puts a huge smile on my face when I see a nice piece of decorative paper or even just a really nice pen! I love the green, I would never have really associated it with wedding, but it's different and is really complementary too! I also noticed that it links in with your blog title; Lavender's Green! Purple and green work really nicely together so there's an idea.. You even have that floral paper in the photos which could be used! Really lovely :-)

    Glad to see you're keeping well!
    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete